Saturday, August 1, 2020

Friends of Unity~ August 2020

Hey there, welcome to Robyn's Nest!!
For this months cue, we chose Sympathy
Before I get to the details of my card, I want to announce the answer to my question for last month
Q~ who was the past design team member, from the UK that is the  Queen of Paper Piecing??
Answer is~ Sharon Nettleship***
I got an email from Karen Ladd with the correct answer!!
Congratulations Karen!!
I have already sent out the prize (June 202 Kit of the Month) and a little extra ;)


For my sympathy card, I chose to use
For this image, I saw it being water colored easily...after water coloring it, I use my Copic markers very carefully to darken the "grout"
Here is a close up of the sentiment
I had to have this sentiment set when it came out by Ann Butler Designs
After I finished this card, and took the pictures, I began to clean up a bit, and under some paper I found this perfect bow...I have it taped down on the backside of the card...I wanted to get an opinion...keep the bow, or lose the bow...I'd love to hear your thoughts :)




With the bow

That's it for me this month...
If you'd like to start from the very beginning of the hop, click the like below
up next is

For a chance of winning one of our fabulous giveaways, all you have to do is comment on each blog in the hop...easy peasy!!
We very much appreciate all of your comments!!!

Inky Hugs, Robyn :)


Friends, please know that our hops are not sponsored. (Although, we know Unity Stamp Co. lovingly approves) Because your support is so valuable and so appreciated, prizes are given from the creators own private stash of Unity stamps.




24 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful without the bow. I think it looks complete as is. I like what you did by watercoloring and then using Copics to give further dimension to the image. You made an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Robyn! Great combination of stamps... and your coloring is beautiful! It's lovely with the ribbon, but I like it more without.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robyn this is such a lovely card! I love the green ribbon for that final touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, I do not think it needs the bow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my friend! This card! Absolutely amazing, gorgeous, stunning! I truly love it without the bow. Wow. #iheartyou

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply FABulous, Robyn! I love it better with the ribbon, but it's certainly not needed. Either way, your coloring is highlighted beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With an image as beautifully colored as this, I would leave the bow off so as not to cover any of it. I really need to play with watercolors and learn how to color an image like this. The torn paper edges give this a real vintage look that makes your card even more exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, my friend! Love your coloring and design. And this sentiment is so true and perfect with the window stamp. I love ribbon, but it's beautiful without it too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love everything about this card, from the awesome stamped image, to the torn edges and water coloring. This isn't the usual sympathy card design, so it really stands out as special. I like it better without the ribbon, so we can see all the gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Robyn! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love, love, love it girl! Perfect image for a sympathy card. I like it more without the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty
    and I love the
    scene outside
    the window.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card! (I like it best without the bow.) I would never have thought to use this stamp for a symphony card, but it is perfect. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. just wow.. the coloring is very soft and adds such comfort. I think if it weren't the theme I would say sympathy card. The bow is the perfect color, but hides so much of the beauty. Maybe add a charm and the recipient can remove it like a belly band to open the card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohmigoodness! Your card is GORGEOUS! I must put both of these stamp sets on my Unity Wish List immediately! I love the card without the bow simply b/c it allows us to really see and appreciate your beautiful coloring on the home. Such a beautiful sympathy card. Thanks for sharing!
    - Doreen @whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card Robyn! It's so beautifully done I'd vote without the bow unless you allow the recipient to be able to remove the bow like it was a gift which it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Robyn's such a gorgeous card. I would say it could go either with or without the bow, depending upon the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haven't inked that stamp set yet... what a beautiful way to use it! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful card. My preference is without the bow, but beautiful either way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like this beautiful scene for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete