Saturday, November 7, 2020

Friends of Unity Blog Hop~ November 2020

 


Hey there!!
Welcome to Robyn's Nest 💖
I sure hop you are starting off your Saturday morning with a hot cuppa and hopping along with us!!
Welcome to Friends of Unity Blog Hoppers
We get together the first weekend of every month to showcase our love for Unity Stamp Company
 
November's cue is Backgrounds!!
I'm a little last minute this month because ...(shameless plug, ahead) I am also hopping over at Coffee Loving Cardmakers, and our bi-yearly blog hop!!
I will leave a link at the bottom for you to check it out. Feel free to link your own cards...but, I will get to that later. 
ok, so...
this month I chose to use Old Bird, by Tiara Jackson
She is such a hoot!!
Here's a link for you, below.


Backgrounds...hmm...I got lazy, (no surprise there).
and went fishing through my stash. I found not one, but two shave cream technique panels!
  Say Whaat!!??
How lucky was that??
Here's a link to watch GinaK's demo...it's less than 5 minutes

I simply stamped the image on Papertrey Ink white cardstock
Colored her coat to match the background (bg)
I used puttyon her coat
E-17,40,42 on the collar and sleeves.
 C-00,-03,05 on her shoes, and the pigeons.
a tickle of purple V-01 on her socks...
her hair is also purple (not just for the old ladies, anymore) 😄
 if you knew how many "my mama" stories I have from all the ladies and the curse of the purple hair...mother was~as they called them, a beautician. 
Fortunately for me, I have 3 way older sisters (LOL) that got all the perms, and hair color when they were little. By the time I was born, she was a stay at home mom, with a following (to our basement and her little "shop")   my hair was chemical free until I was in my 20's , and now for the last 3 years I have grown out to my natural color. Yay me!!
Hair color is V-000-00-01-02
The paper clip is from Tim Holtz. It's a clock, without hands. 
A few of Gina Marie's enamel dots, and I was done! YAY!!
Then I had time for this second card 
Again, I use a shave cream panel.
I cut it out with a die from Waffle Flower
I used PTI white cs with a this square, frame die from Paper Sweeties.I love the wonky edges all around.
I stamped this image from the
Kit Of The Month aka (KOM or KOTM)
I heat embossed the cup with clear WOW! embossing powder
 I used a little chalk on my fingertip to give the center heart, and plate a bit of color.
I stamped this sentiment from another kit onto vellum with rhubarb color ink, then heat embossed it in clear with WOW! embossing powder  
 
I hope you have enjoyed my cards!
Please leave us a comment along the way!!

Start this hop from the beginning over at 
 
 
 Here is a link to the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Fall/Winter Blog Hop 2020
71 Super Sponsors
Your favorite stamp companies all in one HUGE BLOG HOP
 
Instagram hashtag is #fall/winter2020clh 
Hope to see you there!!
Inky Hugs, Robyn
 
 Friends, please know that our hops are not sponsored. (Although, we know Unity Stamp Co. lovingly approves) Because your support is so valuable and so appreciated, prizes are given from the creators own private stash of Unity stamps.






 


27 comments:

  1. Awesome card! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Robyn! I love the shaving cream technique... it's been ages since I've done it. You've inspired me to play!! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely, and you have reminded me that I have some shaving cream in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards. I love the scene an sentiment on the first one. so cute. Great colors on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the purple
    hair! Cute first
    card and love the
    design of the
    second one. Happy
    early Thanksgiving.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your so funny! Cute cards! I just love that old lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shaving cream BG's are so pretty. I have always wanted to do that technique, but just never have. Both cards are lovely and fun. I love the cute sentiment with the old lady; snarky, but not too bad. hehe And I love the Fall coloring of the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards and the shaving cream texture idea. I really love the old lady card. I need to make a few of those! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shaving cream technique. My stash has none left so will need to sit down and play again!! Thanks for inspiring us today Robyn! Vannessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Old Bird is one of my favorite sets and I use it frequently. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that you used a non stamp background. How creative for this challenge! And your cards are still so Unity! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card! Your cards always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh lovely! Not lazy, efficient! :). That's what those panels were waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! My cousin taught my mom, aunt and me how to make shaving cream backgrounds. Oh, what fun! My mother my in her 80’s loved it but she added so many colors she had mud but she did not care! Thanks for trip down memory lane!❤️

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the “old “bird stamp!!! So cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. Old Bird is one of my favorites! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! Funny and adorable and the second one is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the purple hair! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the backgrounds you made! Great cards! I have some of the shave cream backgrounds around from a long time ago... I should try to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome cards! That ol' lady cracks me up! Just a darling card. Love your backgrounds and that 2nd card is amazing! Great technique! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously, how great are those cards?! I totally love them. Fab work! xx

    ReplyDelete