Saturday, July 25, 2020

Christmas in July 2020 Hop


Welcome!!!
Thanks for hopping along with us for our first 
Build Your Stash  Holiday Hop!!! 
I am super excited to be a part of this new group for those of you that make holiday cards all year round! 
I, unfortunately do not start may Christmas cards until September.
Well, last year I got so behind, that I could only send a few, because I did not get a chance to "make" Christmas cards. No one I send to wants a bought box card anymore. 
Shame on me for setting their Christmas card expectations so high
All that being said, I am thrilled to break out all my Christmas stamps, and start getting reacquainted with them again, since I missed them last year...and what did I do?? I went and took advantage of the sale over at Jaded Blossom! 
Check out this super sweet coffee shop from their Christmas Village collection
For this card I started with a white card base
Then I die cut a white panel using 
(gorgeous cover plate, right?)
 I stamped the image onto white, Copic friendly card stock
and colored it up in less than an hour, and fussy cut it out...
then I was stumped...
Adding the now colored image to the card front, it seemed too small, so I added a stitched snowbank behind it...still needing something, I figured it has to be something to help it pop. 
I ended up adding 2 clouds I cut out from one of the cloud dies I have. 
It didn't have to pop effect I wanted, but I like how it looks.
I added some clear sequins, and tied it all up with a red bakers twine bow.
I sure hope you are having fun hopping along with us...


To start from the beginning, you can click this link to the blog where you can add your own card link


Thanks so much for hopping along with us!!

Inky Hugs, Robyn




13 comments:

  1. It's perfect Robyn! That background die is awesome and your cute little coffee shop is colored beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Robyn!! That stamp is just the cutest and I love the background! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, seriously cute card, Wild about the image.gotta check the collection out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start for your Christmas cards - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWW what an adorable card! I really love that die cut background! Your card is so whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. I must have this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh that is the cutest! I LOVE the whole village. Just darling. I love your background and how you colored this wonderful coffee shop. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, that looks like the most perfect coffee shop ... and I want to visit! hehe Such a pretty card. And yes, that cover plate is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEKKKK this is so darling, I love the coffee shop that looks like a coffie cup!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card and cute
    Coffee shop cup!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete